If you are interested in becoming an exchange student at Matej Bel University in Banská Bystrica (MBU), please read carefully the information below about the application procedure.
1. START OF THE APPLICATION PROCESS
First, we need to receive your official nomination from your home university.
Nomination deadline: 15th June (WS or whole AY), 15th October (SS).
The nomination has to be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org including following information about the nominated student
- First and last name
- Date of birth
- Sending institution / Erasmus code if applicable
- Study programme at your home institution and degree of studies
- Planned study period at Matej Bel University (MBU)
- Contact e-mail address
2. FURTHER STEPS TO TAKE
Once we receive your nomination, you will be asked to provide us with:
Online Application Form
After the official nomination, you will be asked to fill in our Online Application Form. Complete all required fields, attach the necessary documents (Learning Agreement, Transcript of record and Language certificate) and submit the application.
A selection of courses you wish to take during your study stay at MBU. Matej Bel University accepts exchange students within the following programs:
- Erasmus+ study: complete your Online Learning Agreement – sign it online, get approved and signed online by the responsible person at your home university. Once done, download pdf (a tu pripojiť ten dokument Guideline...)
- Other exchange programmes for a study: Download and complete document Learning Agreement for Exchange Students (a nechať len tento jeden dokument). When completed, it has to be signed by you and then approved and signed by the responsible person at your home university.
Erasmus+ traineeship/traineeship graduate: it is considered individually. In case of interest please forward an email to: email@example.com.
Transcript of Records
A summary of your previous study results. It must be issued in English and confirmed by the relevant person at your home university.
A certificate that proves your level of English or study language. It can be either an international language certificate or a proof issued by your home university.
Once you have succesfully submitted the Application form you will receive a confirmation email. If you have not received any confirmation email your Application form may not have been submitted correctly, so please contact our coordinator directly via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are the deadlines for application?
- by 15 July 2021 for the winter semester and full academic year
- by 15 November 2021 for the summer semester
3. HOW TO FIND OUT IF YOU HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED?
If you provide us with all the required documents and complete them correctly, we will confirm your Learning Agreement and issue the Letter of Acceptance for you (within 4 weeks after the deadline). It means that you have been officially accepted and can start planning your stay at Matej Bel University. Both documents (Learning Agreement and Letter of Acceptance) will be sent back to you and to your exchange coordinator at home university.
4. WHEN DO YOU HAVE TO BE AT MATEJ BEL UNIVERSITY?
MBU International Cooperation Office will organise an Orientation Day for incoming exchange students during which you will officially enrol to your studies and receive all relevant details regarding your stay at MBU.
Should you have further questions, please contact our coordinator of incoming students.
Coordinator of incoming students