The interdisciplinary UMB team can provide wide expertise on inclusive formal and informal education, on the human rights-based approach for social and economic inclusion of those with lower opportunities and with the idea of lifelong and life-wide learning for wellbeing and constant bettering of the quality of life.
- Assoc. Prof. Alzbeta Brozmanova Gregorova, PhD. is Head of the Department of Social Work at the Faculty of Education and she is a coordinator of the civic association Volunteer Center. Since 2008, she has been active in the social sphere and is member of the European Network of Experts on Youth Research; Accreditation Committee of the Ministry of Education for specialized activities in the field of youth work, Council of NGOs, vice president of the Platform of Volunteer Centers and Organizations, and Member of the Commission for Human Resources Planning Program of economic, social and cultural development of the city of Banská Bystrica. She also works as a consultant and supervisor of social services.
- Prof. Dr. Dana Hanesova, PhD. is a professor at the Faculty of Education, an expert on school-age children and youth, and teachers – on their learning/teaching foreign languages (in connection with authentic context – culture and content) in plurilingual and bi-(multi)cultural and multireligious environment. She cooperated and coordinated Slovak research teams in 6 research projects related to EFL education as well as religious education in the context of 21st century. She was a visiting scholar at Tyndale House and Cambridge University, UK; Wheaton College, USA; Driestar Educatief, Gouda, Netherlands; Julius-Maximilians-Universität, Würzburg, Germany; Technische Universität, Dortmund, Germany, and at CARE, London, UK (English for social purposes - via SK/03/A/F/EX-301564 Leonardo da Vinci). In 2004 she won a European Quality Label for Language Learning Initiatives for Professional Language Teaching of Primary and Primary School Teachers in Practice. She is also a co-author of an International Certificate of Accreditation of the Language Learning Program in the certified European system UNICERT (2008).
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Jarmila Kmetova, PhD. is an Associate Professor at the Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Natural Sciences, Matej Bel University Member of the Slovak authorizing commission for basic pedagogical documents for primary and secondary education in Chemistry. Member of the Slovak commission for PISA analysis. An active participant in developing the research reports for the Slovak Ministry of Education. Member of several scientific committees and academic boards. Currently works as the Dean of Faculty of Natural Sciences, Matej Bel University.
- M.A. Dagmara Majerova, PhD. is a junior researcher at the Department of Social Studies and Ethnology, she has collaborated with Liverpool University (FP7) on social research of PhD. graduates and their career path on the labor market. She is involved in research of migration and integration processes, family research as a social institution. She has collaborated on a number of international educational activities related to enlightenment of various socio- cultural phenomenon (EACEA, INTERREG)
- Assoc. Prof. RNDr. Raganova Janka, PhD. is Associate Professor in Physics Education - her research interests include problems of theory of physics education, new approaches to school physics based on pupils' inquiry activities and science popularization. She was involved in several international and national curriculum and resources development projects, including national coordination of international ComLab-2, FP7 Chain Reaction and HOPE projects.
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Marek Skorsepa, PhD. is an Associate Professor at the Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Natural Sciences, Matej Bel University. Member of the international COMBLAB team working on implementation of computer based laboratories (MBL) into Science education. Currently works as the Vice-Dean for International Cooperation at Faculty of Natural Sciences, Matej Bel University.
- Assoc. Prof. Boris Tomasik, PhD. is a theoretical physicist and a populariser of physics. He is well-known by his lectures for schools and the public, performances at scientific cafes and radio shows.
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Anna Zelenkova, PhD. is associate professor at the Department of Specialized Language Communication, an expert (researcher and author) on intercultural and multilingual education as well as preparation of teachers for such education. She is an active member of the university group on multilingualism and intercultural education.