Mission and Vision
Mission and Vision of MBU
THE MISSION OF MATEJ BEL UNIVERSITY IN BANSKÁ BYSTRICA
As a part of the European area of education and research, Matej Bel University makes an important contribution to providing high-quality university education as well as a wide spectrum of further education corresponding to the requirements of the society. Developing new knowledge through productive scientific and artistic research, the university contributes to the formation of intelligent, moral, authentic and socially responsible individuals and thus to the creation of a learning society.
Having expressly proved to be the leader in the field of education in the region of Central Slovakia, Matej Bel University is generally perceived as a strong national university of international importance. Its status has been achieved due to its high quality of education, successful placement of graduates on the labour market, excellent international co-operation in specific areas of research and co-operation with the practice as well as due to professional sport and artistic presentation in public.
Basic Principles of MBU Activities and Accepted Values
MBU protects its autonomy, moral and scientific independence from political and economic power and it respects academic freedoms.
- • MBU develops its academic excellence, quality and good reputation in all areas of activity and it has introduced feedback mechanisms at all levels of management and operation.
- MBU compares the level and results of its activities with the leading universities and with quality standards recognized at European level and the needs of society. It promotes international cooperation and cooperation with practice as a source of change and development trends.
- MBU enhances the growth of professionalism, the development of creativity and inventiveness, flexibility, critical and constructive dialogue and continuous evaluation of basic resources and processes of innovations.
- MBU supports the uniqueness and attractiveness of study programs, courses and professional activities and it improves their content in close conjunction with the results of global and its own research.
- MBU improves the processes of education in the spirit of technological progress and active learning principles and it requires didactic competence in the teaching process.
- MBU considers scientific research as a starting point. The permanent accompanying process of education and its international character with putting teamwork and implementation into practice as the main prerequisite of its quality.
- MBU considers itself to be obliged to spread new scientific knowledge, national culture and traditions as well as the values of European humanism, ethics and democracy.
- MBU builds inner integrity based on the cooperation of stronger unique workplaces within the university as well as their interconnectedness, willingness of dialogue, respect, trust and shared responsibility for the results. All of this shall become a prerequisite for its effective functioning, success and university fellowship.
- MBU considers continuous self-improvement, professional and personal growth, professional ethics and moral integrity, reasonable demands and interpersonal empathy, personal and social responsibility and institutional loyalty to be the characteristic qualities of an employee of the university.
Recommendations and comments to this page are to be adressed to: Ing. Dana Straková