Quality of Education System at MBU
One of the strategic objectives of Matej Bel University consists in achieving the quality of services provided by public universities. Prior to the introduction of the quality management system according to the requirements of ISO 9001: 2008 Matej Bel University was involved in the project LA7271-HCTA_C.1.3.1 CAF Methodology and self-assessment preparation – training for the Ministry of Education of the Slovak Republic, colleges and universities.
External evaluation was performed on the 11th of June 2009. The evaluation process was based on the methodology of the Common Assessment Framework 2006 (CAF). The project OPV-2009 / 1.2 / 01 IBMA / ITMS-26110230021 „Improving management quality and higher education in terms of MBU“ was drafted and approved in 2010.
The project approval led to the creation of conditions for the emergence of an organizational unit ensuring the coordination of all activities related to implementation, maintenance and improvement of quality management system according to ISO 9001: 2008. MBU Board of Quality is a permanent council and advisory body of the MBU Rector of UMB and holds responsibility for:
- Implementation of the standardized quality management system according to the requirements of the international standard ISO 9001: 2008;
- Implementation of quality systems and their requirements defined by superior national organizations such as the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic;
- Implementation of the requirements for the assurance of quality of higher education provided under the Act no. 131/2002 Coll. on Universities;
- Implementation of non-standardized quality systems and their requirements defined by international organizations such as the European University Association;
- Maintenance and improvement of the quality management system;
- Creation of the vision, mission, strategy and quality policy within the University.
The Board of Quality thus participates in the performance of tasks of the University in the field of higher education and creative scientific activity promotion while fully holding the academic rights and freedoms in the spirit of national and universal human humanitarian and democratic traditions.
In June 2013, Matej Bel University was awarded the certificate of the quality management system according to the requirements of ISO 9001: 2008 and thus confirmed its ability to implement, maintain and improve its quality system.
Recommendations and comments to this page are to be adressed to: Ing. Dana Straková