Quality Goals and Objectives
In order to achieve the Long Term Objectives of Matej Bel University and to ensure the internal quality system in accordance with § 87a of the Act no. 131/2002 Coll., the following quality policy has been announced by the MBU directorate:
- The aim of the internal quality system is to develop the importance of quality in all MBU processes, to create favourable conditions for increasing loyalty and professional development of MBU employees, to continuously improve student satisfaction with services and to achieve wide recognition of MBU in public.
- The implementation and maintenance of a certified quality management system according to the requirements of international standard ISO 9001: 2008, which includes the preparation of the quality policy, quality objectives, quality manual and procedures in the field of quality assurance in accordance with the Section 6 of the § 87a of Act no. 131/2002 Coll. represents an essential instrument applied to achieve the objectives of the internal quality system.
- The relationship between higher education and creative activities in the form of research, development and artistic activities is based on the implementation of the results of creative activity into higher education and on its transformation for the needs of practice.
- Organisation of the internal quality system at MBU is constituted by the MBU Board of Quality, by the MBU management representative for quality, by the manager of quality and internal auditors of quality. The responsibilities and powers of the employees involved in the internal quality system make a part of the MBU organisational standards.
- Each of the MBU constituents, i.e. each faculty – as understood for the purpose of the quality assurance, is governed by this quality policy, quality objectives, quality manual and procedures in the process of quality assurance in accordance with Section 6 of Article 87a of Act no. 131/2002 Coll.
- Each MBU student is involved in the internal quality system of MBU during the whole process and student status – from submitting an application for studies, through studying in the particular year of studies to graduating. In its practices in the area of quality assurance MBU has developed and implemented the quality assessment of study programs by students and it has developed a procedure for regular publication of objective, quantitative and qualitative information on study programs and their graduates.
- The activity of the Board of Quality has been appointed as a fundamental way of introduction, use, monitoring and review of the principles of higher education in quality assurance. The Board of Quality is the supreme body of the MBU internal quality system and it supervises the requirements of ISO 9001: 2008 and Act no. 131/2002 Coll.
- MBU maintains the quality management system in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001 standard: 2008 and continuously improves its efficiency in order to successfully achieve the comprehensive accreditation of MBU.